Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014 Topps Series 1 Rookie Card Reprint Black Framed

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Topps Baseball Series 1
Year:  2014
Card Number: 223
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Black Framed Rookie Reprint
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 006/199


I got my second 2014 Yount card in the mail yesterday. It's another rookie card reprint. I think by now Topps has probably issued as many  reprints of various types for Robin's rookie card as it did regular issue cards while he was playing. 

Regardless, I got this guy for a good price and from the chatter from other player collectors about these I did really want to add one.  These Rookie Card Reprints as the insert is called are framed and have 3 different levels. There are black framed cards numbered to 199, silver framed cards numbered to 99, and gold framed cards numbered to 25.

I will say this card is very heavy and very thick. I've included some reference shots below to show the frame and thickness.


As you can see it's about a quarter inch think, The frame might be metal but the front and the back of the card are not. It's too bad it would have been cool had the whole card been metal or like an enameled advertising sign.

I've had my eyes on the few Silver and Gold framed parallels, but  having at least this one for the collection I'm not too hell bent on picking up the other two, unless of course I find a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment