Thursday, December 13, 2018

1989 Fleer Glossy

Year: 1989
Manufacturer: Fleer
Set: Collector's Edition Glossy
Card Number: 200

I've got 26 new Younts, now 25, to go through that I just took possession of from COMC's Black Friday event.  Over the next couple months I'll be profiling each one, as each one is a new addition to the collection.  Next up is a card that I may very well already own.  Except I couldn't find one in the collection, it's not listed in my master excel checklist or listed on the blog, so for fifty cents I decided to make sure I added a copy to my order.  

Akin to the Topps Tiffany sets, Fleer put out these "Custom Coated Collector's Editions" from 1987 to 1989.  In this 1989 set Fleer printed the logo on the back and changed the back coloring so there was no confusing this from the base set, something the company didn't do in its 1987 and 1988 sets.  Other than that and the extreme glossiness of the front the card numbering and image are the same.



1 comment: