Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 State of the Blog Address

Man I am getting some great mileage out of that Bazooka One-Liners card.  One of these days I'll have one in the collection.

Anyway, a few days ago I took a look back with my year in review post, now it's time to look ahead with the my State of the Blog post.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet so I can get back posting cards.  I don't plan on any huge changes to the blog or my collection.  As of right now my count sits at just over 1050 items.  I would like to add about 100 new items to that list.  I also need to go back through my master spreadsheet and my collection and make sure I haven't missed anything.  I don't know if I'll be able to top the 167 posts I managed last year, but that's alright it was a nice pace and I'm glad I had a nice mix of cards, news, and other stuff.  I'll also be keeping track of any new Yount cards this year and I've already started a 2016 checklist page up at the top.  And with Topps releasing the preliminary Series 1 checklist Robin already has 6 cards on that list!

All in all not too much will change on the blog, from my collecting stand point I do plan on focusing on periodicals that Robin graces the front of.  I do have a few in my collection and those will be featured this year, but after trying to put a checklist together I realized just how many magazines, newspapers, books, and other materials he's been featured on, especially about the 1982 World Series, his second MVP season in 1989 and his landmark 3000th hit in 1992.  I also want to add a little more cello to the collection.  More specifically unopened packs that feature his card on the front.  Again I have a few in my collection, but I think I'll try to add a few more.

Alright not too painful or thought out, but there it is, now back to our regularly scheduled postings.

1 comment:

  1. You know, you could certainly count the 1983 Brewers Yearbook as a Yount item, since Robin is definitely on the cover...

    ReplyDelete