Wednesday, January 20, 2016

2015 Topps Tribute Jersey Relic


Year: 2015
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Tribute
Card Number: TR-RY
Card Type: Insert Relic
Insert Set: Tribute Relics Base
Relic Type: Jersey
Card Attributes: Relic, Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 035/199

Fresh out of the mailbox.  One of my latest additions from ebay seller wfbookmen.  The seller Jon has a fairly regular Yount mega selection.  Sometimes it's a little overwhelming, but I've learned that I can't have everything and usually will focus on a couple cards or oddball items and take advantage of his generous combined shipping.

This marks the first of any 2015 Tribute cards to make it into my collection.  You may remember Topps recalled this project last year due to quality control issues with the autographs.  Topps has finally re-released it, but at an insane configuration and price point.  Anyways I still have yet to pick up any of Robin's base cards from the set, but I will.

The overall design isn't that bad.  It's been following this 1920's art deco style that Topps has been putting into Tribute for a while now.  I also like the fact that there is a little color on the swatch.  I remember back in the early 2000's when relic cards were really popular that the premium cards were the 2 color one's like this.  Now a days if it isn't a patch swatch it's really just filler.  But I'll take my new Yount relic,  This is the base relic numbered to 199, like all products these days there are lots of color parallels to chase.





No comments:

Post a Comment