Wednesday, March 23, 2016

2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps insert

Year: 2011
Manufacturer: Topps
Card Number: 60YOT-25
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: 60 Years of Topps

In 2010 Topps hit on a great idea with it's Cards Your Mother Threw Out and in 2011 decided to do something similar with it's 60th Anniversary programs.  Once again you got code cards in packs and entered them online.  If I remember you got virtual rings to collect and you could unlock real cards again and if you jumped though enough hoops you could earn a 60th Anniversary Topps set.  I'm a little bitter about this program.  I was entering cards like a happy clam, jumping though all the hoops and when I won my set and tried to have it delivered I was denied.  Why? Well between 2010 and 2011 Topps decided to void their contests in Alaska, Hawaii, and pretty much anywhere outside of the contiguous 48 states.  

It also seems like every year that Topps has at least one insert that features reprints.  Topps' 60 Years of Topps from 2011 is that insert.  This card featured an original back variation as well.  Robin gets his 1976 card featured in the set.




No comments:

Post a Comment