Wednesday, July 29, 2015

2014 Panini Hall of Fame 75th Anniversary Blue Shield Red Parallel

Year: 2014
Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Hall of Fame 75th Anniversary
Card Number: 83
Card Type: Base Variation Parallel
Variation Type: Blue Shield
Parallel: Red Foil
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 21/50

In the past Topps has put out some pretty interesting set configurations.  So I'll assume this is Panini's attempt not to be outdone.  I'll do my best to break down the set for you before we get to Robin's card.  The base set consisted of 100 players, each of those players had 3 base card variations all numbered to just 75.  So right there the base cards are super rare.  On top of that each of those 3 base cards had 5 color parallels (red, blue, green, gold, and black) all very low numbered.  Robin had a bunch of other insert cards in the set also very low numbered.  I have a complete checklist and some images here.

This is my first card of Robin's from the set I've been able to acquire.  This is another deal I found on COMC.   This might be the priciest of the cards I had in my last shipment, but it was still under $5.

What I have here is Robin's Blue Shield variation Red foil parallel.  The other two variations are a green shield and a red shield and they use different photos for all three cards.

Not a bad first card to add to the collection.  Overall it is what it is.  The backs look very similar to Panini's other Cooperstown offerings.  Back in October of last year I had stated that I'd like to at least get a set of the base cards.  That's proving to be a little harder than I thought.  Both from the price point and just the general availability, but that's all part of the fun of the chase.





No comments:

Post a Comment