Wednesday, July 8, 2015

2010 Topps Sterling

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Year: 2010
Card Set: Sterling
Card Number: 52
Card Type: Base
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 170/250

I figured I might as well put Robin's Sterling card from the last year of the issue.  I'm not sure why Topps discontinued the brand.  I remember it being fairly popular, even with sticker autos.  Not that I'm advocating Topps to put out another high end product few of use can afford.

True to form base cards were numbered to only 250 and featured a player on foilboard framed.  This year every box or I guess you could call it pack, since there was one pack per box, had a theme.  There were lots of themes and I'm not sure which theme Robin fell under and I couldn't find a comprehensive list of themes anywhere. Each pack had 3 base cards, a relic card and autograph or auto relic #/10 or less.  Each box also had a mystery pack with a framed base parallel or a cut signature.

Overall the design isn't that much different from years past and the image used was and is a heavily used one.



No comments:

Post a Comment