Monday, July 20, 2015

2009 Topps Tribute base

Year: 2009
Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Tribute
Card Number: 56
Card Type: Base


I've always liked Tribute.  I don't like the steep price for boxes and packs, but I do love the look of the cards, the parallels, the inserts, and the hits.  Robin has been featured pretty consistently since Tribute came out in the early 2000's.

The card looks great in hand, it doesn't scan too well, like most shiny cards.  We get a great posed fielding shot of Robin in a classic mid-70's uniform.  As a matter of fact we can place this photo somewhere between 1974 and 1977.  I'm sure it's been used before, but not so much I can place the photo or the  usage elsewhere.


On the back we get the standard write up and career stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment