Wednesday, May 27, 2015

2011 Topps Tribute Gold Parallel

Card Manufactuer: Topps
Year: 2011
Card Set: Topps Tribute
Card Number: 26
Card Type: Base Parallel
Parallel Set: Gold
Card Attributes: Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 24/50

This card was feature on the blog many years ago after I picked it up.  And I can remember exactly where I got it, which can't be said for every card in the collection.  I was at one of rare, and now nonexistent, card shows here in Anchorage and I was thumbing though a miscellaneous box of cards and this popped out at me.  It's rare for me to find cards of Robin's at these shows and even rarer to find ones I don't already have and are this hard to find.  I asked the seller how much he wanted for it and he wasn't sure what it was worth, so I threw $5 out there and he quickly accepted.  Made me wonder if I could have gotten it for less, but I was more than happy to put a Honest Abe down for the card.  At the time these were going for about twice that on eBay and being a very low numbered parallel hard to find to begin with.  After figuring in what I would have paid in shipping alone my offer and purchase price was more than fair for me.

It's a great looking card, shiny, gold. I was going to make an outdated Austin Powers: Goldmember joke, but I won't.  I also like the image is a one not over used.  Probably not the best image, but at least it's different.  




No comments:

Post a Comment