Thursday, April 30, 2015

1983 Official Baseball Guide panels

Manufacturer: The Sporting News
What?: Cut out Panels from the Official Baseball Guide
Year:1983




I picked these up years ago and to be honest I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure if there was a picture on the auction, but I was intrigued and hungry for stuff to add to my collection.  This was also a time where I had a lot more disposable income.  Basically these 2 panels are cut outs from the 1983 Official Baseball Guide.  And I do believe this is the Sporting News one.  I can't confirm that since I don't have a copy.  But if it is that issue also features Robin on the front.

I guess someone thought hey if I cut these out of the book and sell them I can make some money, and to be honest it worked, because I bought them.  I don't remember them being too expensive, as a matter of fact I probably won them with the 99 cent opening bid.  This is a real oddball in the collection, because these aren't cards or a magazine.  Probably more in the category of those All Star Program inserts people cut out. Yeah I've got some of those too.








No comments:

Post a Comment