Tuesday, March 3, 2020

2005 Donruss Diamond Kings - Team Timeline

Year: 2005
Manufacturer: Donruss
Set: Diamond Kings
Card Number: TT-22
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Team Timeline


COMC Black Friday Haul #29

For those who weren't collecting in 2003-2005 it was the height of sets produced for baseball products (and other sports).  While the late 80's and early 90's saw the height of the junk was era, the mid-2000's saw hundreds and hundreds of different sets being produced.  It should come as no surprise that 2005 was also the year that the most Robin Yount cards were produced, with over 1000 being produced.

While that may seem daunting to a player collector I've long since come to terms that I'll never own every Yount card.  But for me the chase is where the enjoyment comes in and 2005 has a lot to hunt.

Point in case is this card.  I already had the relic version of this card, but the base card has eluded me til now.  Actually it's probably elude me simply because I hadn't been bothered to chase after it, but it popped up for sale during the Black Friday event at COMC.  The card commemorates Lyle's achievement of surpassing Robin as the Brewers single season HR leader.




No comments:

Post a Comment