Tuesday, September 11, 2018

2017 Topps Update Commemorative MVP Medallion

Year: 2017
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Update
Card Number: MVPR-RY
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Commemorative MVP Award Medallion
Card Attributes: Manurelic, Heavy

I'm still just starting to dip my toes back into the eBay game.  I decided a couple years ago to stop set collecting and just focus on my team and player sets.  And to be honest I really have just been mainly focusing on Robin.  I've been pretty selective with my purchases over the last 8 months or so and have just now started to finally find some the cards I missed last year.

I ended up picking up Robin's 2017 Topps Update Commemorative MVP Medallion card for a great price.  The last one I bid on went for about 10 bucks so I was pleased to win this card for about a buck and a half plus shipping.  

The first thing I noticed when I opened the package is just how impressively heavy this card is.  I have a feeling you would have no problem picking this card out of a box.  This card commemorates Robin's 1982 MVP award and it might as well commemorate his 1989 one as well, because he didn't get two cards in the set.  I'm not a huge fan of manufactured relics, but they do have a place in my collection, and this card is very well done.  There are also numbered variations of the set.




No comments:

Post a Comment