Thursday, September 20, 2018

1991 Milwaukee Brewers Hartford Police

Year: 1991
Manufacturer: ??
Set: Milwaukee Brewers Police
Police Set: Hartford PD, International Stamping and Local 152
Card Number: NNO

I have quite a few specialized saved searches on ebay.  One of them just happens to be Yount Police cards.  Most of the time when I get hits for it, it's overpriced Milwaukee Police sets from the late 80's, but every now and again I find exactly what I'm looking for.  If you're unfamiliar with the Brewers Police issues, basically the Brewers would have a stadium giveaway night and give out police sets.  But other cities and towns would also have giveaways.  I'm not sure how other towns did it, but my home town would have police officers hand out cards during our 4th of July celebration.  During the late 80's and early 90's there were close to 100 cities and towns participating.  A few year's ago Tony L from Off Hiatus Baseball Cards, a fellow Brewers collector and friend of the blog, shared a fairly comprehensive but admitted most likely not complete list of participating towns for each year.  Hartford was not on the list for the 1991 set, but was listed in the 1990 and 1992, so I can now confirm that Hartford also has a 1991 set.  

This was the kind an auction that I specifically set my eBay search for.  Not whole overpriced team sets, but just one single new Yount.  Robin did come teamed up with Don August in the auction and for a $1.05 delivered I couldn't pass it up.  I've updated the Brewers Police checklist page so Hartford is now in the 1991 sets and updated the Trading Card Database.



1 comment: