Thursday, September 6, 2018

2002 Upper Deck Piece of History MVP Club Relic Card

Year: 2002
Manufacturer: Upper Deck
Set: Piece of History
Card Type: Insert, Relic
Insert Set: The MVP Club
Card Number: M-RY
Card Attributes: Relic, SP
Relic Type: Pants

I've been on an eBay hiatus for almost a year.  No buying or selling.  But as my summer work schedule slowed down I decided to jump back in sell a few cards to build a little nest egg in my Paypal account and maybe hunt for a few treasures.  I've been searching for this card for over 16 years.  Beckett has this card listed as a short print or SP, but doesn't have an estimated print run.  But I can tell you I've maybe seen 3 of these come up for auction in the last decade and a half and a quick search over at Worthpoint.com show about 4 or 5 unique auctions in the last ten years.  So lets just say it's been hard to find and even harder to pick up as the few cards bid on have gone for way more than I wanted to pay.  So I was very pleased to have picked up this card for less than $6 delivered.  It's the last card of Robin's in the set I needed.  Robin is featured in the base set as well as 3 inserts sets.  Tape Measure Heroes, Hitting for the Cycle, and the MVP club, he also happens to have cards in the two of the relic parallel sets,  this set and Tape Measure Heroes.  The two color relic was a big deal in 2002 when most relics were plain, one color swatches, but it seems like there were lots and lots of pieces of Robin's pinstriped pants to go around back then.  A great addition to the collection and I'm glad to finally be able to cross this card off the want list.



No comments:

Post a Comment