Tuesday, March 13, 2018

All About the Base - 1981 Topps

Year: 1981
Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Flagship
Card Number: 515
Card Type: Base

Here we are at one of my favorite sets from the 1980's.  It has to be the hat on graphic on the front of the card.  As a matter of fact I like the set so much this is one of the first sets outside of the modern and junk wax era I decided to build. I'm still a few cards shy, but very close to completion.  Topps also brings back the front and back baseball graphics.  Maybe it's just me, but I like using the baseball graphic to frame the card number.   And the it's definitely the hat graphic that's color coordinated to the team, mostly, and houses the team and position.  Player name on the front could be a tad larger. 

The back of the card is almost perfect as well.  The stats steal the show on the back this year taking up most of the real estate, but card number is large and well placed and we even get a pair of cartoon enhanced player facts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment