Friday, December 29, 2017

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes State Parallel

Year: 2013
Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Hometown Heroes
Card Number: 19
Card Type: Parallel
Parallel Set: States 

I'm still working through my Black Friday pick-ups.  I consider myself a threefold collector.  I have player collections, team collections, and set collections.  Over the years my priorities have shifted as to how and what I collect, but Robin's player collection is by far at the top of my priorities list.  So while it's silly that parallels as simple and pointless as this one is they are something I look out for like a hawk.  The only difference between the base card and this card is the Wisconsin stamped on the front of the card.  I really like the design of this card.  I love the bright colors and the fact that Robin get card #19, his number.   I don't particularly like the photo used.  We don't get to see Robin's face.  And I don't like the terrible photoshop job done to the uniform colors and the logo removal.  There is one more parallel for this set, the zip code parallel. I'm still on the look out for that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment