Friday, October 2, 2015

2015 Panini Cooperstown Etched in Cooperstown

Year: 2015
Manufacturer: Panini
Card set: Cooperstown
Card Number: 60
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Etched in Cooperstown


Just got this guy in the mail the other day.  I also picked up the base dual Etched in Cooperstown with Paul Molitor from the same seller, gotta love combined shipping.  Robin has a bunch of cards in this year's Coopertown set, but the stand outs are these Etched in Cooperstown inserts.  They come in the plain old silver version here and gold and blue and inset with gems.  I really want to add a gem card to the collection, that would be a new one.  

When I saw the preview for these I was torn.  I wasn't sure how they would look in hand, but after acquiring a Frank Thomas version from my local card shop I knew I would be picking  up Robin's card.

The scan really doesn't do the card justice.  Very shiny and I get what Panini was trying to do with the set.  While maybe not the most appealing card to some I will give Panini credit for coming up with something a little bit different.



No comments:

Post a Comment