Friday, March 20, 2015

2015 Panini Donruss All-Time Diamond Kings

Card Manufactuer: Panini
Card Set: Donruss Baseball
Year: 2015
Card Number: 8
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: All-Time Diamond Kings




I finally get to add my first 2015 Yount card to the collection and the checklist. I was really excited to see Robin finally featured in a new product.  I know he's also got cards in the new Tribute, which has been recalled by the way, but this is his first.

I was surprised at how hard a hit these All-Time Diamond Kings inserts are.  From the few box breaks I've seen these only fall about one per box.  Figure that there are 30 cards in the set and 16 boxes per case and this card falls about 1 in every two cases!!  Maybe my math is wrong or the insertion rate.  Either way I found a good deal on the card and decided to pull the trigger.

Over all the card isn't a real looker.  I like the sketch look.  I would like to think that Panini had a talented artist produce at least the large black and white sketch, but it's more likely just a photoshopped photo.  And the colors on the little Robin look all wrong, or at least off.

Overall not the best looking insert, but I'll take what I can get.





No comments:

Post a Comment