Thursday, August 16, 2018

1989 Topps Mini Leaders

Year: 1989
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Leaders Minis
Card Number: 59
Card Type: Base

My other barn find from my Topps National Baseball Card Day super shoebox pick up was this 1989 Topps Leaders mini card.  As a matter of fact there were two Younts and the other 2 Brewers to make a complete team set.  After flipping through all the Mini Leaders cards there was almost a complete set.  It really surprised me I didn't already have a copy of this card.  But I'm glad I serendipitously found a couple copies without having to hit the internet.  If you're unfamiliar with the set these cards came 7 per pack, only 77 cards in the set.  They were touted as super glossy,which they are compared to the 89 flagship set, and quite a bit smaller, hense the hobby designation of mini.  Topps untilized the base 89 team name and player name banner, throws in a fuzzy edge border and bam, new set.  

In my opinion the backs are the best part of the card.  There's so much going on back there.  Plus you get a second photos, last year's and career total stats, and some fun facts.  And it's bright.




No comments:

Post a Comment