Wednesday, August 15, 2018

1989 Panini Stickers

Year: 1989
Manufacturer: Panini
Set: Baseball Stickers
Card Number: 337
Card Type: Base Sticker

For Topps' National Baseball Card Day I visited both my LCS's in the Anchorage area.  While at Don's I picked up some cheap autos and relics off his drop boards and he had a super shoebox full of miscellaneous baseball cards for $10 bucks.  It was hard to resist especially since I noticed a stack of 89 Panini stickers in the mix.  When I got home and started sorting out the cards I found that about a third of the box was 2012 Panini Triple Play and another third was 1990 Topps.  But doing a little digging there was some gold to be found.  In the box I was not only able to find one Yount card I needed, but two.  I'll feature the other card a little later.  One of my goals before COMC's next Black Friday sale is to have my sticker needs, both Panini and Topps, and try to bust them out.

But I can scratch off Robin's 1989 Panini Sticker from my list.  I consider this my barn find.  I was also lucky enough to pick up about half the Brewers team for the set.  I like the look of the sticker, simple nice team colors on the border and banners.

Fear not I plan on giving out baseball cards, as well as candy, for Halloween this year, and these will make great filler.




No comments:

Post a Comment