Tuesday, June 28, 2016

2008 Topps Triple Threads Relics Sepia Parallel

Year: 2008
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Triple Threads
Card Number: TTR-218
Card Type: Insert Multi-relic Parallel
Insert Set: Triple Threads Relics
Parallel Set: Sepia
Card Attributes: Relics, Serial Numbered
Relic Type: Bat, Jersey
Serial Number: 11/27

Sorry about the scan, I should have taken the card out of the top loader and penny sleeve, but I'm not going to dig it back out so it is what it is. 

I've never been a huge fan of Triple Threads.  Maybe its because the cards look the same year after year, or that the relic gimmicks just aren't my taste, but I'm not going to let that stop me from adding any of Robin's cards from the set to my collection.  This card celebrates Robin's 251 career home runs.  Not a monster number compared to the some of the power hits, but still very respectable.  And while the lettering may make this card look like a 6 relic card it vary obviously is only 3 separate relic pieces.  Like all things Topps there are a ton of parallels in the set, but even what is considered the base relic card is limited to only 36 copies and this sepia parallel is numbered to just 27.  The star of the card are the relic pieces with Robin's head taking up a very small portion of the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment