Monday, October 20, 2014

2014 Topps Update Fond Farewells

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Topps Update Baseball
Year: 2014
Card Number: FF-RY
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Fond Farwells

This never happens to me.  I ended up picking up a blaster of Topps Update the other day.  Saw it was on the shelf and hemmed and hawed until I looked at the checklist for the manu-relics.  The checklist had two Reggie Jacksons, a Rollie Fingers and a Paul Molitor possible, three guys I collect so what the hell. I didn't get any of those guys, but in the packs I did end up pulling one of the insert cards I really wanted.  Robin Yount's Fond Farewells.  The other card I wanted is the relic version of this card. It would have been cool if Topps had actually carried Robin over to the two other parallels of this card, the autograph and relic autograph.

Overall the card is pretty simple, but it works well. I like the name in foil script, the classic Brewers mitt logo and nice little write up on the back.  A great addition to the collection, now to hunt down one of those relics!






No comments:

Post a Comment