Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2007 Upper Deck Ultimate: America's Pastime Gold Jersey #d to 25

Card Manufacturer: Upper Deck
Card Set: Ultimate
Year:  2007
Card Number: PM-RY
Card Type: Insert Relic
Insert Set: America's Pastime Gold Game-Used Jersey
Card Attributes: Jersey Relic, Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 16/25

I miss the competition in the baseball card market.  And I miss great simple relic cards like this.  Back in 2007 boxes of Ultimate were about $200 bucks and each box had 4 packs with 4 cards in each pack.  Each pack had 2 relics and one auto, on average.  I can't remember when I picked this up, but sorting through my collection I was struck by just how simple this card is.  The relic window is pretty small, but overall the design is appealing and the holofoil on the card makes it pop.  The baby blue swatch was a nice change up from all the white and pinstripe relics out there.  Of course being numbered to 25 and being the gold parallel you'd expect something more exciting for the relic though. The America's Pastime shield is a nice touch.  






No comments:

Post a Comment