Friday, April 4, 2014

2003 Topps Retired Signature Series

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Retired Signature Series
Year:  2003
Card Number: 62
Card Type: Base


My favorite Topps design from the 2000's is the 2003 set. I just think it's a well done layout. I love the inset headshot inside a baseball diamond.   I also love the blue borders of the flagship set and I love the fact that Topps carried over the design to it's Retired Signature release.  It was an interesting product. Each box contained 5 packs. Each pack had 5 cards that included an encased uncirculated autograph card.  Plus there were Black bordered parallels numbered to 99, Chrome Autos, and Chrome Refractor Autos to be had.

Here we have Robin's base card from the set. The base cards look really nice in that titanium white border. There's no room on the back of the card for anything but Robin's 19 years of stats.  I also love the great action shot of Robin from when he was still playing shortstop.  It's also interesting to note that the inset photo is probably the most used photo by MSA for a lot of the food issue and other oddball cards from the 80's.  Nice to see it with the Brewers logo on it for a change. It's also a nice touch that the back of the card has the Brewers colors featured.





2 comments:

  1. That is a great card. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I've ever seen that photo with a logo on his hat before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish these Retired Signature cards were a little easier to find because they're absolute things of beauty.

    ReplyDelete