Monday, October 26, 2020

On the radar - 2020 Topps x Super 70s Sports Curated Set




 Topps has a new online set as part of there Topps x brands this time is 70s themed with the Topps x Super 70s Sports - Curated Set.  Curated by Ricky Cobb who created and posts funny bits on his twitter account @Super70sSports.  I personally hadn't heard of him, but I'm not hip or with it at all so that's not surprising.  Regardless Robin as a card in the base set.  Sadly he's not featured in any of the inserts or the autograph checklist and I'm not sure if there will be base card parallels to the set.  There's no indication that there are on the Topps website, but doesn't mean there's not.

2020 Topps Online - Topps x Super 70s Sports # 47

You can pick a pack up for $25 on Topps.com till mid-November.  Each pack contains 20 cards (18 base and 2 inserts) with a 1:3 shot at an auto.  I picked up a box to try out and to maybe score a Yount card.  There are also a few other players I collected featured in the set.  


1 comment:

  1. I was really happy to see this set pop up on topps website the other day. A mashup or 1977/78/79 and 1975 in the insert sets. Steve Garvey is on the checklist which is good news for me, too.

    ReplyDelete