Wednesday, September 30, 2020

2020 Topps Five Star Silver Signatures Blue


Year: 2020
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Five Star
Card Number: SS-RY
Card Type: Insert, Autograph, Parallel
Insert set: Silver Signatures
Parallel: Blue
Card Attributes: Autographed, Serial Numbered
Serial Number: 20/20

I just had this beauty arrive the other day. I had the good luck to pull a Kyle Lewis rookie auto out of Donruss Optic a couple months ago and sold it for a very good price.  Good enough that I was able to pick up this card and have money left over.  I'll be honest I got a surprisingly good deal on this card, but currently the market is flooded with autographed Yount cards and has been for the last couple years.  As is the trend the first few new autos tend to sell for a premium, but if you're patient and find the right auction well things like this fall into your lap.

Since getting married and having a child my discretionary spending has tanked, but I do try to add at least one new Yount auto a year.  That didn't happen last year as I took a year off of buying and selling on eBay, but have just recently started dipping my toes in again.  As a matter of fact I've got quite a few new Younts I've acquired over last couple months to show off.

Five star is always a favorite and how can you go wrong with a low numbered on-card autograph?  Plus I love the look of the silver paint marker used to sign this card.  It really makes it pop.  The Silver Signatures set comes in 7 different varieties with the base autographs being numbered to only 40.  And truth be told I would have been happy with any of the higher number versions, but I do love the color blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment