Tuesday, September 22, 2020

2020 Topps 1985 Topps Black Parallel

 Year: 2020

Manufacturer: Topps

Set: Flagship (Series 1)

Card Number: 85-61

Card Type: Insert, Parallel

Insert Set: 1985 Topps

Parallel: Black

Card Attributes: Serial Numbered


As a card collector there are a few routes we can take to pick up new cards.  With the pandemic those options have been slightly reduced, but as a mainstay of the hobby eBay has been one of the main options for most of us for almost two decades.  I took a hiatus on eBay, both buying and selling for over a year, but just dipped my toes back in about a month ago selling a couple cards of some current hot players to turn those cards into cards I wanted.  For me the biggest hurdle about diving back into eBay was the rise in shipping costs.  As a seller I know how much a parcel is going to cost, so selling lower value cards really isn't an option for me anymore and the $4+ price tag for shipping on a lot of cards has really made picking up these lower value card less appealing as well.  But there are a few sellers that have embraced using the PWE (plain white envelope).  So if you're willing to take the risk of this cheaper shipping option it's not a bad way to go.


So the first card I picked up on eBay in over a year was this 2020 Topps 1985 Black parallel.  I've since picked up a nice handful of new Yount via eBay, one I'm really excited about that will hopefully be here by the end of the week.  But with a little patience I've been able to pick up some nice additions.



No comments:

Post a Comment