Sunday, May 17, 2020

1990 Score Superstar PSA graded 10

Year: 1990
Manufacturer: Score
Card Set: Score Superstars Box Set
Card Number: 92
Card Attributes: Graded
Grading Company: PSA
Grade: Gem Mint 10

Over the years I've never really gotten into graded cards.   I can count on one hand the number of graded cards I've actually purchased, but quite a few year's ago a fellow Yount collector, Matt,  sent me a ton graded Younts while trying to pare down his collection.  Matt has the highest ranking Yount collection on the PSA registry and about a decade ago he contacted me asking if I'd like some of his extras that didn't make the grade for his registry set.  Not to look a gift horse in the mouth I graciously accepted and 99% of the graded Yount cards in my collection have come from him.  The cards he sent were all in beautiful shape, but most did not make the grade to gem mint 10.  However mixed in the lots were a couple cards that did.  One of those cards was this 1990 Score Superstars.  

The 1990 Superstars set was a box set of 100 cards.  It's about the size of the old Topps Traded sets. And like all sets from this era it was grossly overproduced, however the nice thing about the box sets from the 80s and 90s is they are chocked full of superstars and now HOFers.     






No comments:

Post a Comment