Sunday, May 31, 2020

1987 General Mills Booklets PSA Graded 8

Year: 1987
Manufacturer: MSA
Set: General Mills Booklet
Card Number: NNO
Card Type: Food Issue Oddball

Another PSA graded Yount that I got from fellow Yount collector Matt many years ago.  A beautiful hand cut Robin Yount from the 1987 General Mills Booklets.  I'm pretty sure I have an uncut one of these somewhere, but looked in my Excel spreadsheet inventory but don't see it listed.  I'll have to dig deeper to see if I actually do.  Regardless the "card" was cut out of booklet that was inserted in Cherrios and Honey Nut Cheerios in Canada back in 1987.  There were 6 different booklets and each booklet featured 10 players.  Robin's booklet is the AL East booklet and  features Don Mattingly, Ricky Henderson, Kirk Gibson, Eddie Murray, among others.  

Produced by MSA and if you collect Robin Yount you probably recognized this well used airbrushed photo.  A great looking specimen for the Yount collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment