Friday, November 16, 2018

1990 Topps Glossy Send In

Year: 1990
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Glossy All-Stars and Hot Prospects Send Ins
Card Number: 15

For many year's Topps offered a couple different special offer send in sets advertised on cards inserted into wax packs.  What always bothered me was that these cards were inserted in the middle of the packs instead of as the last card in the pack that would have eliminated the wax backs.  Ahem. 
Anyways as a collector of the Yount cards once you get to over 1000 different cards you get to the point where you have most of the base cards and most inserts and oddballs from his playing days. 

 I recently completed a huge 1000+ Brewer card trade with a fellow card collector named Mark off of Twitter.  He sent me a flat rate box full of Brewers cards and I sent him back a box full of Red Sox.  After a couple days of sorting and inventorying I ended up adding almost 200 new Brewers cards to the collection.  Included in the lot was over 200 Yount cards.  And as luck would have it I found one I needed.  This 1990 Glossy All Star Send In.  It's funny because as I've been slowly inventorying my Yount collection and adding it to the Trading Card Database I realized I didn't have a copy of this card.  That kind of surprised me and I added it to my want list and figured I'd pick up a copy off of COMC or somewhere else eventually, well looks like I don't need to.




1 comment:

  1. hello, I have the robin yount all star topps card. email me: duggerjacob4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete