Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2009 Topps Series 2 retired base variation

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Topps Baseball Series 2
Card Number: 595
Card Type: Base Variation
Variation Type: Retired Photo Variation




Unless you live in a cave you probably know that 2015 Topps Series 1 baseball is out and all the rage.  The reason I bring this up is that Topps once again has inserted unannounced variations.  Some are photo variations and some are those terrible sparkle variations.  I bring that up because it makes me long for the days when Topps use to put former stars and Hall of Famers as their variations. 

And while this years set of the Topps flagship is the first time in a while they've done anything to really shake up their formula, getting rid of those stupid variations should have been one of them.

Alright enough ranting.  I featured Robin's 2010 variations a couple months ago.  I remember back in 2009 and 2010 being really excited to see Robin featured as one of the player variations.  And looking back I'm also glad to see Topps used photos that hadn't been and still haven't been recycled to death.

I still wish Topps would go back to this type of photo variation in their sets.  It's easy to tell you got a rare card and who doesn't love seeing one of their favorite players on the current design?




No comments:

Post a Comment