Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2013 Topps Update Commemorative Coin Card

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Topps Update
Year: 2013
Card Number: PCC-RY
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Pennant Chase Commemorative Coin Card
Card Attributes: Coin, Serial Numbered
Serial Number:  49/99


When I saw the checklist of 2013 Topps Update I was pretty excited to see Robin had a coin card this years set
.
While I hate that Topps calls these relics they are pretty sweet cards.  
I had been watching just about every one of these copper level coin cards on ebay that have been up for auction. I was biding my time.  I finally was able to snag one for a decent price.  Still it was more than I really wanted to spend on the card, but there comes a time when sellers stop putting these up for 99 cents and letting the market determine final price and just start listing them as Buy It Now with insane price tags. 

I will say this it's a great card. It's super heavy. The coin is solid and the card looks amazing in hand.  There are two more levels of coin cards the Wrought Iron and Steel, numbered to 50 and 10, but I'm not really worried about them, if I can find either at a great price I'll bite, but I'm glad to have at least this great tribute in the collection now.

The theme of the Coins is Pennant Chase and this coin commemorates the 1982 World Series team that lost to the Cardinals in seven. Sadly the one and only time the team made it.



No comments:

Post a Comment