Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A new Yount for a new Year

If anyone that reads this blog also reads my main blog, Collector's Crack, you know I had all my eTopps shipped to me using my performance points before Topps shipping changed this new year.  So honestly this isn't a new Yount card, but new in hand as it has been sitting in my eTopps account since 2004.



It's from the eTopps Baseball Classics set.  From 2002 to 2006 Topps issued 70 cards in this set.  20 in 2002, 2003, and 2004 and just 5 in 2005 and 2006.

A quick look around the eTopps website and it shows that Yount is one of the most valuable of the Baseball Classics cards only beat in all 5 years by Roberto Clemente. Of course this only tracks sales of eTopps card still held by the company and sold on the Ebay trading floor.

While this card isn't individually numbered like some of the later cards, according to the eTopps website there were only 1,002 cards produced, making it a fairly rare card.

No comments:

Post a Comment