Tuesday, January 29, 2019

2002 Topps Tribute

Year: 2002
Manufacturer: Topps
Set: Tribute
Card Number: 40
Card Type: Base

We are on the downhill run of my Black Friday COMC pick-posts, I promise.  But we still have a few more cards to get through.  Like I've stated before this year was more about filling in holes than picking up cool parallels or inserts, but I still managed a few of both.  The next card up is probably from the highest end set in the bunch.  Tribute was one of Topps' first real premium high end brands and still is, even if it's been eclipsed by even more expensive sets.  The set features some great autographs, relics, and auto relic cards, some of which Robin has in the set, there are also two very low numbered parallel sets called, First Impressions and Lasting Impressions.  

This is another card that should have probably already been in the collection, but was somehow missed.  The cards is very shiny. I like the overall look of the card, the set is themed around Milestones and celebrates Robin's 3000th hit. I even like that Topps used it's copyright notice as a border on the back of the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment