Thursday, April 26, 2018

1994 Pacific Crown Collection - Gems of the Crown Silver Prism Hobby

Year: 1994
Manufacturer: Pacific
Card Set: Crown Collection
Card Number: 1
Card Type: Insert
Insert Set: Silver Prisms Hobby!


Colbey who writes the great blog Cardboard Collections decided to get back to holding his Affordable Group Breaks.  To get back into the swing of things his first break featured two early Pacific products, 1993 Pacific Spanish and 1994 Series 1 Pacific Crown Collection.  I didn't have a lot of Brewers cards from either set so for $7 I figured why not.  And boy am I glad I did.  There are some great inserts to be had in the set.  Not a lot of inserts and you only get a couple per hobby box, but Pacific introduced us to the Prisms.  The Silver Prisms came in two varieties the circular prisms which were inserted into retail product and these snowflake prisms that were exclusive to hobby boxes and a much harder pull.  There were a couple inserts I was hoping to get pulled during the group break, but getting a card I needed for my Yount collection, and a card that still has decent value was a huge shocker.  But it really made my day seeing this get pulled live.  A great addition to the collection!





No comments:

Post a Comment