Friday, October 20, 2017

1991 Score


Year: 1991
Manufacturer: Score
Set: Flagship Baseball
Card Number: 525

Man I opened a lot of 91 Score.  And when I mean a lot I mean I put together 2 or 3 sets and still have a 8000 count monster box full of dupes.  Yeah that's alot. Of course the big card in the set is Chipper Jones rookie card.  But when you want to talk about an overproduced this is a great set to bring to the table.  This would be Score's 4th year putting out a baseball set.  Overall the design is simple, but I do like cards with full career stats.  And of course you get a nice back photo as well.  91 Score was a monster set, beating Topps by over 100 cards!  And while the base cards are kind of meh.  There are couple sub-sets sprinkled in that are pretty cool like the K-Man, Rifleman, Master Blasters, No-Hit Club, the American Flag (Armed Forces Tribute) Card, the Bo Breaker, the Awards cards and my favorite the Dream Team cards.  There's also a nice Father/Son Griffey card in the set.  All of those sub-sets could easily have just been inserts if such an ideal had been widely accepted at the time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment