Tuesday, September 16, 2014

2014 Allen and Ginter

Card Manufacturer: Topps
Card Set: Allen and Ginter
Year: 2014
Card Number: 205
Card Type: Base



This marks the second year in a row that Robin's been featured on a Allen and Ginter card.  As a matter of fact I think Robin's been in well over 80% of the Topps products this year if not more.  And that's great for a guy like me you likes cheap additions to the collection.  Of course Topps has recycled a heavily used image here, although cropped and "Ginterized". But the card looks good and if I ever get the chance to meet the man again this will look great signed.  I actually really like the look of this year Allen and Ginter and Robin has all the parallels that go along with having a card in the base set.  I'll be picking those up when I can find them.

I do miss the old uniforms sometimes.  Maybe not the baby blue so much, but the classic white with blue pinstripping and the hat with the old mitt logo is awesome. 

 Here's a little bit of trivia for you too.  We know that the image used here was taken back in 1988, because that was the year that the Brewers wore the H/K patch to honor their late manager Harvey Kuenn. Discuss.




No comments:

Post a Comment