Friday, July 11, 2014

21st Century Digital Younts

I have to admit I'm a little addicted to Topps Bunt.  I was skeptical of the app before I tried it, but to be honest it's kind of fun.  Not so much fun I'd be willing to throw real money at it, but I enjoy the trading and playing the game.  There even happen to be a couple of Younts in the mix.  I don't have any in my Bunt card collection and probably won't seek them out since they hold no value in playing the game, but it's nice to see Robin represented in the digital frontier.

Topps released a set of limited edition prints on it's website a while back and also made a Bunt insert set based on a lot of those prints.  The "For Mayor" set featured Robin and other stars of the game and he was also featured in the Bunt insert set.





Topps also released  a TBT (Throw Back Thursday) card featuring Robin's 1975 rookie card.



While I find it neat Robin's been featured in the app with a couple digital cards they can't be used in play.  And I'll keep my collection to real physical objects.

What do you think. Do digital cards have a place in a player collection?

1 comment:

  1. To paraphrase a quote from Mark Twain, a digital card (like an oral contract) is worth the paper it's printed on.

    ReplyDelete