Monday, July 16, 2012

Something old and something new.

It's been awhile since I last posted. Been really busy with work and life in general, but not too busy to pick up a few Younts when the opportunity arises.  First I'll start off with an older oddball I picked up for super cheap.

Baseball card games have been around forever, but I had never seen this card or this game before.


And while it doesn't feature a picture of Robin it's still a cool oddball to add to the collection.

Next we have a couple of 2012 issues I finally managed to get my hands on.
It's Robin's 2012 Topps Archive cloth sticker.  Paying homage to the old 1977 issue which Yount was also featured in.

And finally.

I think this is the newest release right now and I'm glad to finally snag it. It's Robin's 2012 Topps Retire Numbers Manupatch card.  These are found as a bonus in retail blaster boxes. And while not a huge fan of the manufactured "relics" I really do like the looks of this card and the set in general.


And there you go. Three more for the super collection.

3 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post for you, but I'm just discovering your blog! Pursue The Pennant was a game in the 1980s which promised to be truer to life than ABPA or Strat-O-Matic. It was a board game but with a parallel computer game as well. Boardgamegeek.com has a pretty good writeup on it, and it appears that PTP is still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony, you can comment all you want, anywhere you want.

      Delete
  2. By the way, CB, have you heard of the Mr. Z's pizza 5x7s? You can snag them reasonably cheap on eBay and it has a Fingers and a Yount in the little set.

    ReplyDelete